Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

The power window on the rear passenger side wont come up, on

Customer Question

the power window on the rear passenger side wont come up, on my saturn ion 2007. is there a way i can manually do it?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
did you still need help on this?do you have tools & ability to remove the Door Panel?.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just got charged $28 for u t ask me a question? do i have to pay for more answers?
i just got charged $28 for u t ask me a question? do i have to pay for more answers????sorry, if you believe there is an issue with charges, please contact Customer Service "first", prior to continuing, as I have NO control over that & I just answer questions.Let me know when you would like to proceed, as I am wanting to help........thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so i've already paid. ur only answer was a question. yes. i know how to remove the door panel. next question?
so i've already paid. ur only answer was a question. yes. i know how to remove the door panel. next question? .very sorry for the confusion..........You have NOT paid, as that is a "Deposit" which is yours until you receive an answer......Here is Door Panel removalsee attachment belowOnce the Door Panel is removed, inspect the Window Regulator for broken cables or partsThere are "2" wires at the Window MotorTest as shown belowUse of a VOM is needed to testThe way it works:Ignition OnSwitch held in Up positionOne wire will have 12 Volts +One wire will have Ground - Switch held in Down positionThe wire that had 12 Volts + is now Ground -The wire that was Ground - is now 12 Volts + If Voltage or Ground checks good at motor, replace motor.If Voltage or Ground does not check good:Check Switch Voltage & Ground.Check for broken wires at Door / Kick Panel Boot.IF Regulator or Motor is bad, it is always best to replace as a complete unit.