Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Saturn SL 2: 1997 saturn sl2 mifire replace plugs wires, coils,

1997 saturn sl2 mifire replace plugs wires, coils, sensors just about everything but we used platinum plugs is that bad?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. Is the check engine light on? If so, do you know what codes your getting? Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it is

Do you know what diagnostic codes your getting? Does check engine light flash? Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

misfire cyl. 4

Does the check engine light ever flash? Does it misfire at all speeds? Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

misfire when we take off, more then when sped up near 40-and up

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it flashes when driving slow

Have you used a spark tester on cylinder 4 or done a compression test?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes all fine and normal, they said the ignition coil we changed it no change

Did you yourself test spark and compression or did someone else?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

a mechanic did it and used camera siad thinks it was a vlave open we changed it also

If it was a valve problem compression would most likely be low. You changed the valve?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes ERG valve, ignition coil, pcv valve, spark plus(platinum), plugs wires also, he is putting in the fuel filter tmw.

I thought you were referring to a intake or exhaust valve inside the engine. Based on what I'm hearing it sounds like you have a bad injector. You can do a resistance test of injector, it should be 11.5-12.5 ohms, if out of range then it needs to be replaced. I would replace anyway because if it is sticking it will pass resistance tests. It is about a $300 job to have it done at a shop depending where you go. 2 hours labor and about $100 for injector. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help, thanks Kelly.