Bill, Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Master Certified Technician

Saturn Aura XE: 2008 aura rear door locks do not function by

2008 aura rear door locks do not function by remote, all other functions of fob are ok. I believe this is controlled through the bcm. does that mean the bcm is bad? any suggestions

Welcome to just I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.

Do the rear door locks operate in lock and unlock mode using the lock switch and have you check the connections in the door jam connectors for corrosion or water intrusion? There are gray and tan wires in both door jam connectors (x700 and x800) that come from the bcm to control the locks. I can send a schematic if needed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they don't work at all, the drivers side rear moves a little but that's it. I tested wires they are receiving signal from bcm

It would appear you have multiple lock actuator failures. It's not terribly uncommon.

I've never had a bcm failure cause this and I've replaced numerous lock assemblies on these.