Tim Mohr, ASE Certified Technician

Saturn LW300: I am looking at at 2002 Saturn LW300 Wagon. It

I am looking at at 2002 Saturn LW300 Wagon. It has 98kmi on it. Seems clean but it has a "branded title". The dealer will let it go for $2000.00 Which is below retail. He states it has been on the road for 10yrs since the brandding. He cannot verify the milage but believes it to be correct. Says he is about to send it to auction.
Is this a car I should consider? Or stay away from?

Does the price sound reasonable for a branded car?
About what would it go for on auction?
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX a branded title, its hard to say, but the book value of this without a branded title is about 4000, so if you get it inspected and its good, then you can run a carfax on it, and it will tell you when it was branded, if it actually was over ten years ago, then it should be alright, but do go into this knowing the resale will not be good, if you need to sell this in the future,Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you have any insight to an auction price? This would help for negotiation.

if this were at auction, I would suspect it to go for about 1000 dollars, but you need to be a member to attend these auctions, they are not open to the public,Tim