Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, 32 Yrs Exp, All Cars/trucks

Saturn Vue: I have a 2009 Saturn Vue. The air conditioner

I have a 2009 Saturn Vue. The air conditioner seems to work fine except the air won't come out the vents. I can close all but one vent and get a little more flow out of that one. When I change the speed of the blower - it responds to that. But, the temperature doesn't seem to change if I put it on low for air or high for heater. I wonder if it could be what ever controls or directs the air to the vents? Please advise.
Hello, I am Randall.

Very sorry for the delay

Can you tell me if you have the full auotmatic climate controls or the manual cliamte controls?

Also, when lack of air out vents, have you checked to be sure it's blowing or not out the defrost?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Manual climate controls. It seems to be blowing out defrost and on my feet if that helps.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX gather and send some information, bear with me a little bit. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was wondering if it might be the vent blend actuator....

I know, Hang tight, I am sending information. Tales a few minutes to do this. Thanks
Ok, there is not a "vent actuator" but there is a "Mode" actuator. The Mode actuator is the small electric motor that contorls the vent, deforst and floor positions
No way for me to say exactly what has failed but most likley? the mode door actuator
You would need to remove it, then look at the cams close that it drives, be sure everything is in tact.
If so? then suspect the mode actuator is bad
A full scanner can be hooked up looking at live data from the actuators and control module but we do not have that to use and diagnose with
The Mode actuator is located on the left side of the HVAC case
You woukld need to remove the trim that uis under the steering wheel to gain access to the left side of the HVAC case
The the actuator looks like below
#1 in the first picture
The second picture shows the screws and actuator

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The pictures you included with your reply refer to a Ford Escape. I believe you may have sent the incorrect ones. Please check and advise. Thanks.

Pics time out after awhile. I sent correct ones but they will change at times, hard to explain