Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Saturn Ion-2: I have a 2005 Saturn Ion 2 with an automatic

I have a 2005 Saturn Ion 2 with an automatic transmission. Has always ran fine but today I go out to start it and nothing. All lights and everything work like it is supposed to but it won't turn over, crank or nothing. My dash is signaling that the traction is off and saying something about power steering. It won't move into neutral or anything. Please help me

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have decided to pass.

I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I mainly work in the last half of the day 2pm-midnight cst. , so that is when I do all of my responding.

Once you get an answer, you will be prompted to rate me. You are rating my help, not the website, or answer. If you feel the need to rate negative, please save the rating so I can try again or find someone whom may be able to help better.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

X Do you still need help?

X Is there any more information you can add?

X At minimum what do you need to know if I can not address all of your concern?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I still need help. The car was running just fine and I went to start it today and it will not crank or turnover at all. I have full power to the car but nothing other than that. I stepped on the brake to try and put into neutral and the gear shift won't even move or budge even after rocking the car, turning the steering wheel, and letting it sit for the 10 minutes before trying to restart. The dash is signaling for power steering and the traction being off whenever you try to start the car. Could it be some kind of brake switch that is out and needs to be replaced and is causing the car to not signal to the engine therefore not releasing the gear shift?

Use the below starting circuit diagrams.

Do you know how to electrically test fuses, relays and the switches involved in the starting circuit, if not let me know?