Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Saturn L300: hello all, what is the difference between the

hello all, what is the difference between the 2003 and the 2004 l81 motor other then the EGR valve location? Can you switch intakes?

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have decided to pass.

I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I mainly work in the last half of the day 2pm-midnight cst. , so that is when I do all of my responding.

Once you get an answer, you will be prompted to rate me. You are rating my help, not the website, or answer. If you feel the need to rate negative, please save the rating so I can try again or find someone whom may be able to help better.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

X Do you still need help?

X Is there any more information you can add?

X At minimum what do you need to know if I can not address all of your concern?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Chris,
I have a 2002 saturn L300 with a 3.0 engine, I needed to know if a 2004 3.0 l81 would fit if I would change the Intake manifold... They look the same, what is the difference in the two engines? Interchange states 2000 to 2003 vin # XXXXX which they both have.

Looking over all the diagrams I have I can not find a difference in the 2 engines from 03-04, and I see no reason why the intake can not be swapped. The engine design is from Opel and they have nothing to say about the difference.