Don Knight
Don Knight, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  40+ years
5784781

Saturn l200: i have installed 2 good altnators on my 2003 saturn

i have installed 2 good altnators on my 2003 saturn l200 both have not worked, i have a new battery. car starts but battery light still come on. and will run until the battery go dead. new battery cables as well
You may have a problem with the fuse link.Check for battery voltage at the large red wire at the alternator.If you dont have battery voltage check the fuse link that comes off the starter solenoid to the alternator.If you do have battery voltage there next check for voltage off the other red wire.If you dont have voltage there you may have an open circuit from the alternator to the engine control module.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no voltage at large red wire on alternator. how hard is it to change fuse link. and can i only buy it at the dealer?

You can get a fuse link at any parts house or you can run a wire with an in line fuse(use a thirty amp fuse) from the battery to the post on the alternater.The in line fuse wires are also available at most parts houses.