FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Saturn ION-2: 2005 saturn ion 2.2 turn the key get rat-rat-rat

2005 saturn ion 2.2 turn the key get rat-rat-rat not start is it the starter and where is it? Just put in a new battery last week.

FIXITMAN :

Hello, and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to help you. If I am not online when you are, please allow me time to return. Can you tell me if the noise is coming from under the hood or inside of the vehicle?

Customer:

the sound is coming from the engine. the front of the compartment. the engine light blinks

FIXITMAN :

Thank you for the response. Most of the time this is either due to a bad starter or a connection problem at the starter. The best thing to do would be to check for power at the small purple starter wire while cranking. If there is full battery voltage then the starter is bad. It is located on the bottom right hand side of the engine between the engine and the radiator. Please let me know if you need more help.

Customer:

Thank you for trying to help. Turns out it was a bad starter and bad Battery