George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years

I have a 2003 Saturn L200 it wont go into gear after u shift.

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Saturn L200 it won't go into gear after u shift. What could it be?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Sorry for the long delay. Many experts have reviewed your question once or more times so far, but no one at this time has felt comfortable trying to help.

~The question may be just to difficult to address online.

~You may of not provided enough detail.

~You may be asking for something, there is just no answer to.

~The question may be to complex and take to long for the value you have selected.

~We maybe know the answer to some of the question but not all of it.

~The concern may not be able to be addressed online, and can only be addressed at the dealer.

~We may feel the question is to hard for a DIY to understand and or do the repair needed

This concern and or vehicle model is not my exact field of expertise. However I will and can try to help to the best of my ability. I will give you an honest effort addressing what I can about your concern. As long as you understand this up front and want me to try and assist you just let me know. I most likely will need to work a little longer with you asking more questions prior to being able to post an answer.

I am just touching base with you to at least offer something rather than you waiting more and getting no response from us thinking we are not real or a scam. Neither of which are true. We are real and we help thousands a day, but sometimes we get stumped on about 5% a day.

If would rather hold out for a more qualified tech to help you. That's no problem at all. Just reply and let me know. I will opt out which puts your post and everything written on it back on the top of the list where as all experts can once again view your question and make the choice to help if they feel comfortable. Whatever you choose, based on the reasons for not getting a response if you would like to change anything in or about your post reply and do so now.

.

.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well just trying to figure this out. Has me stumped to. All I know is the car won't engage in gear. i put the car in drive and it just won't go when i push the pedal. I had a dianogistic done, it said the TCC (torque Converter clutch) was on. Like to find out what or how to get it working probablerly. hopefully without buying a new transmission. Any help would be appreciated.

Johnny, when the car is in park can you push the vehicle and make it move?

Will it roll in reverse when pushed?

In all moving gears if you rev the engine does the car try to move?

Can you check the trans fluid level and color and odor, drop some onto toilet paper and see if its ruby red or dingy almost a tint of red black?

Hello again Chris here.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Thanks Chris