George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years

NA - 203

Customer Question

2003 saturn vue 2wd with VTI, seems to be in gear when you start it up, won't go in reverse, pulls forward in neutral and all forward gears, gives p1886 and p0700 check engine light
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
nobody has answered. I have the p1886 code cleared, found a shorted wire, code doesn't reset but symptoms are the same
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
found a short in wiring harness that cleared the p1886 error code but symptoms are the same. Checked ohms on the 20 pin connector on the transmission that go to the tcc solenoids, one showed 4.1 ohms and other about 21 ohms. Can the transmission control module be bad and not show any faults on OBD II? It appears the forward clutch is pulled in and doesn't release in park or neutral.
Expert:  Danielle-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Looks like nobody can help.

Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
would like help, will wait for now
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right Professional. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately, upon your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Any point waiting? All your transmission experts likely already seen and declined or do you think somebody likely to answer? thanks