Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2008 Saturn: that the ignition coil pack is defective..Astra

I was told that the ignition coil pack is defective on my 2008 Saturn Astra, and that it will cost 1100 dollars to repair. Help! Please tell me if 1) I can order this part from the UK, as I read that other Saturn owners do to save money, and 2) if the estimated cost given me is or is not a rip-out estimate. Thank you for any help you can offer. The car has 40,000 miles on it. I know nothing about cars, only that I do not have 1100 dollars to shell out!
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.
HI,

Ok, list price is $490 for the ignition coil and labor is only 0.3 hr. total should be about $540 parts and labor, so yes, the $1100 is a rip off.

You can order one for $294 from here:

http://catalog.gmpartsdirect.co/?i=2&make=150&model=2418&year=2008&catid=10029&subcatid=20081&section=3&type=parts

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON and/or SMILEY FACE to complete transaction or ask for more help. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to click the accept button, however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you have an idea how long it takes to receive the part if I order it from the site you gave?
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.

On regular shipping 5-7 business days, but you can have it 2 day shipped, and if memory seves, overnighted as well.

These are genuine GM parts as well, so you are not getting some chinese part that may or may not last