Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.

Saturn: aura..engine power..Could it traction control problem.

Saturn aura 2008 low engine power. Could it traction control problem. I was told by dealer it was not the transmission
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer.I will try and assist you today with your question.Please don't click on accept unless you feel satisfied with my assistance here.

If your traction light comes on when this happens then this can definitely be traction control causing this issue as this can cut back power on the engine in some cases and cause this lack of power here as the computer thinks the wheels may be slipping so the computer tries to compensate and correct this issue.

The vehicle should be driven with a scan tool plugged in observing wheel speed sensor data on the scan tool to see if one of the wheel speed sensors are reading incorrectly when this happens,a faulty wheel speed sensor is most common for this fault here and in some cases wont set a fault code if the computer thinks the wheel is slipping on a slippery surface.

But yes traction control activated to try and regain traction can cause this problem here.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!