Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.

Saturn Aura XE: 2008 saturn aura my service traction and service

2008 saturn aura my service traction and service esc keeps coming on. It does reset when you shut the car off like the book says. but then it comes back on sometimes right a way sometimes not for a day. what do i need to do to fix these
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer.I will try and assist you today with your question.Please don't click on accept unless you feel satisfied with my assistance here.

This lights/messages come on to indicate a fault has been detected in the abs/traction computer control systems.Cycling the key off and back on resets the monitor cycle clearing these lights in some cases but when the fault occurs again the lights will come back on.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked in all of the computers in the vehicle to see what codes have set.This is done with a scan tool or code reader that can communicate with this vehicles computer systems.Once this has been done then it can be diagnosed as to what is at fault and then repaired from there.There are several components in this vehicles system that can cause this,this is why the codes need checked to locate what is causing this fault.Most shops and dealers can check these codes as well as diagnose the fault and repair it.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Let me know if you need anything else with your question asked or anything else in the future.Thanks Pete!