George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years

replacing timing chain on 1998 Saturn SL2 1.9 twin cam. I need

Customer Question

replacing timing chain on 1998 Saturn SL2 1.9 twin cam. I need the torque specs, can you get them or can I find them on Line?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Do you need the front cover, crank bolt valve cover bolts and oil pan bolts?

Anything else?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I also need specs on the cam gear bolts. I think that is it.

.

Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.

Ok, all the specs are below, let me know if you don't find it there and I will pull it for you

Click here for spec

And here

And here

And here

And here

Let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. two problems first I forgot to ask for chain guide and tensioner bolt specs. also this computer I having acrobat problems can I get you to send the spect to ths computer and my email at XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.

I can't email but you can download the images once you get to a computer that will run Adobe Reader, all you have to do is login to the Just Answer site and this question is always open to you

The guide and tensioner is 19 ft lbs

the oil pan is 8 ft lbs

the front cover is 22 ft lbs except the lower center bolt which is 89 INCH lbs

Valve cover is 10 ft lbs

Crank bolt is 159 ft lbs

Let me know if you need more here or you can print the images from your other computer

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that what I need thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the sprocket bolt specs on the cam shafts seemed like more that the crank bolt when I took them off.
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.

The crank bolt has an integral tapered washer so the breakaway torque is more than the tightening torque. The washer to pulley gets a dab of RTV

Cam sprockets are 75 ft lbs.

Let me know what I can do to help

Thanks

George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks George, only thing you could help with now is getting the oil and grease off the key board. but I don't think that falls in you area.: )
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.

A little brake clean on a rag (don't spray the board) and rub lightly so you don't take the numbers off.

Don't tell the computer guys I answered that!

Let em know how I can help

Thanks