Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Saturn Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2008 astra the power door locks wont work..fuses..unlock..key fob

I have a 2008 astra the power door locks wont work with the key pad or the switch in the dash i changed around the dash switch ,checked the fuses front and back, thetrunk unlock workes with the key fob but nothing else works.I can find wireing diagramsfor everything only the dash switch
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Saturn problem.

Check fuse F10 in the underhood fuse panel, it provides power to the door lock relays. If it is good then the problem is in the rear fuse panel. There is a control module built into the rear fuse panel that controls the door lock relays. It takes input from the keyless entry and from the door lock switches. Most likely is is this module that has failed and the rear fuse panel would need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dave, are the relays built into the fuse box? I can't find any info on relays except the wireing colours and what they are for. I can find the diagrams for the wiring colors but I can't find the relay locations. . I would like to check the wiring to the relays first because the power hatch works with the fob. If there was problem with the door lock motors, would this cause no power locks on the dash buttons and the fobs. thanks

Tom

The lock and unlock relays are located near the rear wheelwell. The problem is not likely in the door lock motors. The problem is most likely in the rear fuse panel (module).