Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Saturn Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

The instrument panel fuse box in my 2005 relay..automatic

Customer Question

trying to locate the instrument panel fuse box in my 2005 relay. automatic sliding door will not open but alarm sounds continuously.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will do my best to help you with your Saturn problem.

The instrument panel fuse box is located on the end of the passenger side of the dash. Remove the access panel on the end of the dash to get to the fuses.

Please let me know if I can help further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HOW do I remove the access panel? I got the "remove the panel" answer for free on the web - the question is HOW?
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
The cover (#4 in picture below) is held on with clips on the back side. Grasp edge of cover and pull straight away from end of dash to release clips and remove.

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Any suggestions on how to kill that alarm? Will pulling the power door fuse stop the dinging?
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Pulling the PSD fuse may stop the alarm. Also what you could try doing is cleaning the contacts on the leading edge of the door and the corresponding contacts at the front of the door opening on the body with scotch brite, steel wool or fine sandpaper. Then pull the fuse for 30 seconds and reinstall fuse, then use the sliding door button to fully open and close the door two times. This will recalibrate the door module and may fix the problem.
Dave Nova, Saturn Technician
Experience: ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok the dinging stopped after I pulled the fuse and did not start again after I replaced it. And in the past we have cleaned the contacts, etc, but this time the door would not open at all. And frankly now that the alarm has stopped I am not risking it starting again by opening the door! But thanks for the information.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome. Thank you for using justanswer.