Saturn Doctor
Saturn Doctor, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE Tech with over thirty years GM experience, last nineteen years as Saturn tech.
62938645

2002 SATURN VUE: LIGHT CAME ON SAYING REDUCED POWER

I HAVE A 2002 SATURN VUE LAST NIGHT A LIGHT CAME ON SAYING REDUCED POWER AND THE POWER STARTED REDUCING.I MADE IT HOME NOW I'M AFRAID TO START IT UP AGAIN,CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I MIGHT BE FACING?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Saturn Doctor replied 5 years ago.

Saturn Doctor :

Hi my name is bob

Saturn Doctor :

is your car a six cylinder

Customer:

yes

Saturn Doctor :

you are going to have your car taken the the dealership to have the computer scaned for code

Saturn Doctor :

we have seen alot of issues with the wireless throttle control

Saturn Doctor :

you may have a problem with the accelerator postion sensors or throttle body or engine wiring harness

Saturn Doctor :

this is a costly repair

Customer:

so are you saying it's not drivable?

Saturn Doctor :

it may reset afetr shutting off

Customer:

what is the price range for this type of service?

Saturn Doctor :

it goes into reduced power to car the car from running out of control like the toyota situation that made the new in past years

Customer:

so when you say reset itself what does that mean

Saturn Doctor :

a throttle body just for the part

Throttle Body24446586$727.88
Saturn Doctor :

that doesn't include labor

Saturn Doctor :

#03-06-04-043: (MIL) Service Engine Soon Telltale Lamp On, Reduced Power Lamp May Illuminate with DTCs P0121, P0221 and/or P2135 (Replace Throttle Body, Throttle Body Connector, Throttle Body Terminals and Install - (Jul 1, 2011)

Subject:(MIL) Service Engine Soon Telltale Lamp On, Reduced Power Lamp May Illuminate with DTCs P0121, P0221, and/or P2135 (Replace Throttle Body, Throttle Body Connector, Throttle Body Terminals and Install Throttle Body Pigtail Retainer to Throttle Body and Harness)

Models:2000–2003 Saturn L-Series

2002–2003 Saturn VUE Vehicles

with 3.0L V6 Engine (VIN R — RPO L81)

Saturn Doctor :

this is a bulltin from gm

Saturn Doctor :

sometimes faults are intermittent and key cyling can return car to normal function until fault reoccures

Customer:

bob i just got this car and i don't have alot of money for this is there something else i'm a single parent of six so miney is not easy to come by ,i think this is going to be a nightmare

Saturn Doctor :

I'll be honest I have worked on saturns for 19 years, and i'm sorry to say this particular car has problems sorry

Saturn Doctor :

how many mile on the car

Customer:

is the service engine soon light the reason for the reduced power light coming on,and when you said reset itself what did you mean?

Saturn Doctor :

the light comes on after the computer detects a problem th let you know there is a problem

Saturn Doctor :

you can try calling gm and reference the bulletin number #03-06-04-043 and maybe they will help you based on the miles on the car

Customer:

it sounds like these cars are full of problems thanks for your help i think i got a lemon!!!!!!

Saturn Doctor :

sorry to say but if you plead your case maybe gm will help

Customer:

i hope so thanks

Saturn Doctor :

hopefully i have helped , if so please credit me for my help by hitting the ACCEPT button thank bob