Saturn Doctor
Saturn Doctor, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE Tech with over thirty years GM experience, last nineteen years as Saturn tech.
62938645

Passenger side heated seat and airbag sensor are not working.

Category: Saturn
Expert:  Saturn Doctor replied 5 years ago.

Saturn Doctor :

Hi my name isXXXXX the seat has become wet which can affect the sensing pad on the seat cushion. Then if not due to moisture the internal wiring my have burnt up. We have seen many instances were this has happed with the seat heaters. You are going to have tp replace the passenger presence module which is the seat cushion module and wiring.

Customer:

Are the heated seat sensor and airbag module connected in some way?

Customer:

both went out at the same time

Saturn Doctor :

yes all built into the seat cushion

Customer:

OK, I took the car to a GM dealeship and they ran a diagnostic on it and said the airbag module needed replacing.... however, because the heated seat is out too, it seems like it would be more of a woring issue... no?

Saturn Doctor :

when you order the part you have to pick with or without heated seat, This is a large problem with GM I currently work at a Cadil,lac dealer were I was moved after I worked at a SAturn dealer for 19 years. Now I work on Saturn along with Cadillacs. They all have the same problem and there are recalls for some of the cars because of this issue.

Saturn Doctor :

You need spaek to the service manager about covering this repair for you because of the widespread fault with this system

Customer:

good deal, thanks for the help.

Saturn Doctor :

I see it done every day at the dealership I work at GM doesn't want to loose customer especialy from brands that they have recently closed