Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2002 Saturn Vue: coolant light comes on about a mile..coolant level

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Saturn Vue. The coolant light comes on about a mile down the road. The coolant level is correct. We also squeezed the hose with the cap off and the engine running. That was in the saturn book that came with the car. It is okay also. Hope you can help.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Dan and I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. If its saying low coolant but coolant level is ok this means the low coolant level switch/sensor has failed which is located on the bottom of the coolant reservoir. Let me know if you have any question at all. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is the low coolant level switch/sensor something I can replace and get at an auto parts store?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Yes, should be around $20.