Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

2008 Saturn: Aura..loud..sprayed all the rubber connections

I have a 2008 Saturn Aura XE. The front susprnsion makes a Very loud creeking noise. I have sprayed all the rubber connections with "Teflon" inpregnated oil and it stops for about 2 miles then it is back. I have done the same with spray white lithium grease and got the same results.

I have run it through the car wash with the "undercarriage wash" the same results.

Category: Saturn
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

front suspension creaking noise is almost always faulty ball joints. to check them you will need a long prybar/steel bar/2x4 and a helper.

jack front end up where the front tires are 1-2" off the ground. Have your helper place the end of the prybar/steel bar/2x4 between tire and ground and lift up on it while you watch the balljoints. if there is more than 1/16" play in upper or lower balljoint, replace them
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I tested the balljoints as you suggested and they are okay. I loosened the body mounts and jacked -up th body and sprayed lube in them - still creaks. I used a stethoscope to listen to the stuts - no noise.

i Give- Up