Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Saturn Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Saturn Diagnostics

Saturn L300 What type of engine coolant should I use for a

What type of engine coolant should I use for a 2001 Saturn L300?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

50/50 mixture of clean, drinkable water and use only GM Goodwrench DEX-COOL or Havoline DEX-COOL coolant. (pinkish-orange in color)

Notice Mixing conventional green (silicated) coolant with DEX-COOL may cause premature engine, heater core or radiator corrosion. It will also degrade the service interval from 5yrs./150,000 miles to 2yrs./30,000 miles (50,000 km) if left in the contaminated condition. If contamination occurs, the cooling system must be flushed twice immediately and re-filled with a 50/50 mixture of DEX-COOL and clean water in order to preserve the enhanced properties and extended service interval of DEX-COOL.