Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.

saturn VUE why did my abs & traction control light come on

why did my abs & traction control light come on in my 2004 saturn vue
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

These lights coming on are to indicate to you there is a fault in the ABS/Traction system.This fault can range from a faulty wheel speed sensor,wiring issues,other sensors at fault or even an internal control unit fault.

What needs to be done from here is the fault codes need checked in the ABS/Traction computer with a scan tool that can communicate with this computer.

Once this has been done it can then be diagnosed as to what is at fault and then repaired.Any shop or dealer can read out these codes.

Most common to cause this on most vehicles is usually a faulty wheel speed sensor.Keep in mind while the fault is set and the lights are on your vehicle wont have Traction control or ABS braking capabilities,you will still have normal power brakes but not ABS.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!