Mark, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34+ yrs Dealership Exp. - Fully State & ASE Certified - GM Master & GM World Class Tech

Saturn l300 2004 l-300 v6, a/c evaporator drain leaking into

2004 l-300 v6, a/c evaporator drain leaking into cabin. Where is the hose located? In the firewall?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Mark replied 5 years ago.
Greetings and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Mark.

Below are a couple pics of your Evap Drain. A lot of times, sediment and debris will get in the drain and become blocked. It is on your firewall behind the engine. If you cannot see from under the hood, you may have to get underneath your vehicle to gain access.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

Object Number: 878155  Size: SH
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
One more thing. Is it possible that the drain was not reconnected or came loose from the evaporator casing when it was replaced?
Expert:  Mark replied 5 years ago.
You say "when it was replaced". I am confused now. I didn't know it was "replaced" or worked on with your first post.

However, to answer this post, yes it is VERY important that the drain be on there. Missing the drain can sometimes lead to the water blowing back inside and not draining. Different make and models are effected in different ways.

Some cars can have the drain missing and there is no effect. The water will run out. But there are others that by different types of drafts that are created under the hood driving down the road, the water actually stays inside and will over-flow to leak on your floor.

Also, if you had any work done on the inside with your HVAC case, it is important that the case be intact. Not cracked, broken, and secured the firewall.

If you can't find the EVAP drain, then I would say it is missing.

Thanks !!