hauto
hauto, Saturn Technician
Experience:  worked on saturns for 7 years, in a saturn dealership. saturn factory trained and ceritfied.
24868125

2005 Saturn Ion: sticking..reprogram..ignition lock..ignition switch

2005 Saturn Ion key sticking in ignition- do I need to do the reprogram sequence if I only change the ignition lock and not the ignition switch?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  hauto replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for using JA

There is no programming needed for the ignition lock cylinder or the switch. just replace it .

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
??? I have seen instructions that gave a programming sequence of "start engine, run for 10 min. set to acc position; repeat 2 times... due to keyless entry security (factory std installed)"
Expert:  hauto replied 5 years ago.
This is to relearn the security system when it malfunctions and has nothing to do with the replacement of the switch or the cylinder.