Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2003 Saturn Vue: disconnected hood release cable; is there another way

2003 Saturn Vue , Broke or disconnected hood release cable; is there another way to open the hood ?
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.
Did it break at the handle itself?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No the handle did not break it did come away from the sidewall inside the vehicle , but the cable will not unlatch the hood.
Ok, then a long tool with a stiff hook, often you cna reach in through the grille to manualy release hood.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you see through the grill say with a flashlight to get to the release and could you suggest a tool to use ? thanx i am in auto tech school so i have some automotive knowledge.
Usually, I use a long rad hose hook to grab the end. If not then you may need to go from the bottom and cut the old cable then pull it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanx Cam appreciate the info and i will come back to you for more info if needed ? Joe
Please reply back if you need additional help or press ACCEPT so that the question may be closed out. You can reopen it at any time by replying to it and I will answer ASAP. PLease keep in mind that as experts on this site, we are only compensated for our time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected. Thanks again for using Just Answer. Cam.