Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Saturn L300 Saturn 2001, L300, V6/L81, 3.0L. Service Engine

Saturn 2001, L300, V6/L81, 3.0L. Service Engine Code P0455 - Gross EVAP system problem. I need to locate the EVAP components on the vehicle with a diagram. Can you locate? What is best way to diagnose and repair faulty components? What is best way to confirm repair and clear/reset code? Thank you, George

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

This is commonly caused by the vent valve/solenoid sticking open. The valve/solenoid is located on the evap canister which is under vehicle near fuel tank. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This must be normally closed!? How do I "un-stick it into a closed position? Would I be better off by replacing this component?
Correct its normally in the closed position and I'd go ahead and replace. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will the Service Engine lite then go OFF, or do I need to reset the code? What is best way to reset this lite/code?
It will go off by itself after a few trips....There are 3 ways to shut off light.....They are either wait until it goes off by itself, disconnect battery for 10 minutes, of have it reset with scantool which can be done for free at parts store.