Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Saturn SL Series i have a p0410 code on a 00 saturn sl1 the

i have a p0410 code on a 00 saturn sl1
the smog fan will not spin when hooked to the plug but will w/9v batt it will and the plug reads 14v at startup

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

Jump power to secondary air pump with connector plugged in....If it doesnt turn on then verify it has good ground and it needs to be replaced, that is odd that it turns on with 9v....But since this is a 12+ volt system that doesnt do us any good. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

P0410 Secondary Air System Performance

Possible CausesSetting Conditions
  • AIR solenoid Ignition circuit is open (check the Air pump fuse)
  • AIR pump is damaged or has failed (inspect air pump for water)
  • AIR system check valves and/or pipes are damaged or leaking
  • Air pump relay has failed
  • PCM has failed
DTC P0112, P0113, P0117, P0118, P0121, P0122, P0123, P0301-P0304, P0336, P0340, P0401, P0506, P0507, P0508, P0509 and P0500 not set; engine running, ECT signal from 39-174ºF at startup, IAT signal over 32ºF, system voltage more than 10.0v, engine speed less than 3,200 rpm, HO2S-11 signal over 600 mv for 2 seconds, MAP signal more than 20 kPa, airflow from 8-19 gm/s, Traction Control not active, and the PCM detected the front HO2S-11 signal did not go below 300 mv (lean) with the air pump commanded "on" for 2.5 seconds out of a 10 second test period.

This code sets in 2 Trip(s).
This code will turn on the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
were is the fuse for the air pump?
There are two fuses but if it has voltage at motor when engine is started then fuse is good......There is a 30 amp AIR PUMP fuse and a 10 amp EMISS fuse, both are under the hood. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

when this comes on is it switching the positive or negitive?

The positive, it has ground at all times.....Thats why I was saying run power to the red wire at blower, if it doesnt turn on verify black wire has good ground and replace pump. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.