Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Saturn LS Series after changing spark plugs on 2000 saturn

after checking all fuses the ignition 15 amp fuse was blown out. Car starts now thank u

Welcome, and thanks for using Just Answer. I am Cam, and I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept only if you are satisfied. I don't get paid unless you do.Please do not accept if you cannot leave positive feedback. I don't know if you are a tech or a just working on your own vehicle so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answers will be based on what you tell me so please add all the details you can. About your vehicle,

Did you check the fuses?

Did you check the wiring around the coil packs, perhaps something was disconnected inadvertently.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did not check fuse yet. do i check fuse under dash board or next to motor and which fuse do i look for?

The 15 amp fuel pump fuse.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok i checked the 15 amp fuel pump fuse and its good

Did you take a ground wire off when you remove the coils?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i removed one wire harness from coil pack but there was no seperate ground wire do u think the anti thief device has something to do with it like to reset the system from diconneting battery?

NO, it should not have. Did the terminals or the plug get damaged?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i will check

ok

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i checked the connector and plug but found no damage to either of the coil packs
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I found a blown fuse from the ignition 15amp. Car starts now. Thank you for your expertise

Please reply back if you need additional help or press ACCEPT so that the question may be closed out. You can reopen it at any time by replying to it and I will answer ASAP. PLease keep in mind that as experts on this site, we are only compensated for our time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected. Thanks again for using Just Answer. Cam.