Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2002 Saturn L300 change timing belt. 2 days later the engine

2002 Saturn L300 change timing belt. 2 days later the engine missing. The computer tell me it is my coil pack hit and missing. How can I check it out and make sure it is my coil pack not something else?

Depending on what coil it is do a resistance test on each of them and compare resistance, if one is off replace

Ignition Coil Resistance
Note 12: Secondary resistance measured ATT each coil's high voltage terminals with spark plug wires removed.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We replace both coil and spark plugs but it still show a miss fire on number side of the engine.
What is the exact codes your getting?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Sorry, I do not know the code for the problem. the auto parts dealer told me it was showing a miss fire to number one

So that would be a P0301...they said your cylinder #1 is misfriing? Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, then the next step is swapping a injector with another cylinder to see if problem moves if so replace injector.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I will try that and I will let you know

Ok, let mek now.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dan, I put the car in the shop. They told me the timming was 3 notch off. If that was true how can the car run?
Yes that is possible and it will run if its only a few off, just run rough.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your help and I will send you extra money for your time
I'm happy I was able to help, let me know if you end up running into problems. Thanks.