Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

2008 SATURN AURA XR: TOOK MY CAR..DASH WONT go..DEALERSHIP I..squeek

I OWN A 2008 SATURN AURA XR. I TOOK MY CAR IN BECAUSE A LIGHT ON THE DASH WON'T GO OUT. WHILE I WAS AT THE DEALERSHIP I ALSO ASKED THEM TO CHECK THE CONSTANT SQUEEK I HAVE EVERYTIME I BRAKE.
THE DEALERSHIP FIXED THE DASH, BUT AT THE SAME TIME TOLD ME THEY COULDN'T FIX THE SQUEEK BECAUSE IT WAS A DEFECT IN THAT PARTICULAR MAKE AND MODEL.
I LOVE MY CAR BUT TWO DIFFERENT SERVICE MANAGERS TOLD ME DIFFERENT REASONS FOR THE UNFIXABLE SQUEEK.
THE FIRST SERVICE MANAGER AT SATURN OF CERRITOS TOLD ME IT WAS A FRAME PROBLEM. THEN I WAS TOLD IT WAS THE FITTING OF THE BRAKES.
I ONLY HAVE 13,000 MILES ON THE CAR SO I KNOW MY BRAKES ARE NOT WORN DOWN.
THE MANAGER SAID I COULD HAVE THE DRUMS CHANGED BUT HE SAID IT PROBABLY WOULDN'T HELP. IT SOUND LIKE METAT ON METAL WHEN I BRAKE.

THE ONLY REASON I AM COMPLAINING IS BECAUSE I CALLED THE DEALERSHIPS MANAGER AND SHE SAID SHE DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SQUEEKS ON ANY SATURNS SOLD.
THEN SHE PASSED ME ON TO HER SERVICE MANAGER.
Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

There has been a service bulletin for that type of concern. Here is what it states.

Brakes - Squeak Noise On Brake Pedal Application
Notes

TECHNICAL

Bulletin No.: 08-05-22-002C

Date: April 07, 2009

Subject:
Squeak Noise On Brake Apply (Remove Brake Fluid from Master Cylinder and Refill)

Models:
2004-2007 Buick Rainier
2008 Buick Enclave
2004-2008 Chevrolet Colorado, TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer EXT, TrailBlazer SS
2008 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Chevrolet Malibu (VIN position 11, 4 Orion MI. build with Build Date Prior to April 20, 2009)
2004-2008 GMC Canyon, Envoy, Envoy XL, Envoy XUV
2007-2008 GMC Acadia
2008 Pontiac G6
2009 Pontiac G6 (VIN position 11, 4 Orion MI. build with Build Date Prior to April 20, 2009)
2007-2008 Saturn OUTLOOK
2008 Saturn AURA
2005-2008 Saab 9-7X Supercede:

This bulletin is being revised to update model years. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-05-22-002B (Section 05 - Brakes).

Condition

Some customers may comment on a squeak noise when the brake pedal is applied or when released. This noise is normally heard when the brake pedal is slowly applied with the engine on or off, but can occur when the brake pedal is released. The noise may be isolated to the master cylinder area.

Correction

To correct this concern, remove as much of the old brake fluid from the master cylinder as possible and refill with a new DOT 3 brake fluid, P/N 88862806 (in Canada, use P/N 88862807). Start the vehicle and fully cycle the brake pedal until the noise diminishes to allow the new fluid to enter the system.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
DO YOU THINK IF I SHOW THIS TO THE GM SREVICE MANAGER IT WILL BE COVERED UNDER MY WARRENTY?
Well, most things are covered for 3 years or 36K miles and you are not that much over on the millage. I would HOPE that they would cover it, but that would ultimately be up to the service manager or the district manager, (in whom you may want to contact if your problem is not resolved with it)

I can't imagine having to tell a customer that, "That can't be fixed" (in effect) and they have to live with it. I am sure that they will be able to stop the squeal one way or another.