FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

2003 saturn vue cranks but wont start sometimes, other time

Customer Question

2003 saturn vue cranks but won't start sometimes, other times no problem - intermident problem, fuel pump was replaced,car ran okay fo 3 days, then same problem occurred, only this time the engine stalled while idling. same problem then occured crank but no start.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer does this seem to happen more after the vehicle has been sitting?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It's never happened in the morning, after sitting all night. Occurs after it's been driven 1 or 2 places and then won't start. When it happens to me, I try a number of times and it will not start. After being towed and tried in the shop, let say 30 or 40 minutes later, it starts for them.

Al

Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 years ago.
Okay, and have you noticed any other electrical issues with the vehicle?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have not noticed any electrical issues. the only thing different I have noticed, is that sometimes when it starts up, I feel like I need hit the gas a little because the idling seems 'weak' if that makes any sense. So I do hit the gas just a little.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 years ago.
Have you noticed if the security light is illuminated in the vehicle when trying to start it and it will not start?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, the security light is not illuminated when I start the car
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 years ago.
Okay. This is typically a problem with either the ignition switch or the vehicles body control module. Will the vehicle make more of an attempt to stay running when giving it gas?