Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Camshaft position sensor on the Saturn SL! 2001 Located at?

where is the camshaft position sensor on the Saturn SL! 2001 Located at?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

Hello, I just helped you......You do not need to accept this answer since its a follow up to the original.This vehicle does not use a camshaft position sensor, it uses the crankshaft position sensor for the same operation. Here is a picture of the crankshaft position sensor. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The info you showed me on the drawing is Crank Shaft Position Sensor and The OBD Scanner showing Camshaft Position Sensor ,are they same?
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
This vehicle doesnt have a camshaft position sensor, it uses the crankshaft position sensor as the camshaft sensor so yes they are basically the same thing on this car. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.