Amedee, Saturn Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

what does code P0341, Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

what does code P0341, Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance mean?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.

THis is a camshaft position sensor performance code. However, your engine does not have a camshaft position sensor on it. The PCM uses the ignition components to "guess" where the position of the camshaft is. If you have faulty tune up parts, it will set this code. 9 times out of 10, a full tune up with ignition coils with take care of this code.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this car does have a camshaft position sensor above the starter, 1 mechanic told me to check the plug for dripping oil, and if that didn't take care of it check the timing chain. What do you think?
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.
Are you talking about this? This would be the crankshaft position sensor.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes that is it
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.
This model does not use a camshaft position sensor.

The following is from DTC P0341.
The PCM supplies 5 volts on the signal line and expects to see the cylinder #4 signal wire go low after every 14 crankshaft pulses (2 revolutions). This is used to determine the position of the camshaft, except under decel. The PCM only uses the transition from 5 to 0 volts as a valid TDC compression #4 cylinder signal.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so your saying togo ahead and replace both coils
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.
I would!

A full tune up with both coils would be the correct fix!

However, you can try to do just plugs and wires and see if that takes care of it! Heck.. it would not hurt to try!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I already did the plugs, wires and gas filter. I will go ahead and try the coils. Thanks so much for your help. How can I get ahold of you if I need more info?
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.
Just respond back to this thread and I will get it.

Just be sure to use the factory ignition components. Dont cheap out on plugs or wires otherwise this code will come back! I am dead serious! I have seen this code a milling times! Get the coils from your Chevy or Saturn Dealership!

Every once in awhile, the ignition control module will go bad causing this code... but is very rare.