Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

How do you remove the rear drum on a 99 saturn, I cant get it off!

Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.

If your parking break is on you will need to release it otherwise you can go to your local parts store and barrow a brake adjusting tool that will help pull it off. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The parking break is off but I cant locate any type of tension release to allow me to remove the rear drum. Is there a special tool I need to do this?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
There is no special tool other then the brake adjuster which helps pull the drum off you could also get a gear puller to try and use that. But if the drum is spinning then the brake is not locked and is not holding it on. But sometimes when these arent removed for a long time they can get stuck pretty well. Without getting the brake adjuster tool or trying a puller you can get a hammer and hit it a few times on the edges to loosen it up or carefully pry it off. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.