hauto
hauto, Saturn Technician
Experience:  worked on saturns for 7 years, in a saturn dealership. saturn factory trained and ceritfied.

2007 Saturn: diagram for the exhaust system..Emission Control..fail

Where can I find a diagram for the exhaust system for a 2007 Saturn Aura XR?
I need this drawing to include the Emission Control, showing all the parts
that can be replaced and those that might cause the system to fail the State
of New York's yearly safety inspection.
Thank you for any information you can offer.
Terry McGrath XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Saturn
Expert:  hauto replied 4 years ago.

What did your vehicle fail inspection for, can you provide the info so I can help you.

was there a specific trouble code or is the readiness monitors. thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm not looking for an answer regarding the failure, I want to get a diagram of the entire

emission/exhaust system, so I can purchase the parts I need on line. I don't want to use Saturn parts, they're to expensive.

Expert:  hauto replied 4 years ago.

I could not find a digram for you in any of the after market catalog's. try the muffler shops, good year, fire stone, mavis, midas. ask them for a copy. good luck

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear hauto,

Since there doesn't seem to be any after market diagrams for the Saturn exhaust system, would the Saturn Parts Departments happen to have such a drawing? There

must be some way of finding the parts that make up the emission control assembly.

The mechanic must be able to identify the required replacement parts. Any possibility

that this might be a method to locate what I need?

When you worked on Saturns emiission systems (?), how did you get the parts from

your dealer's inventory?

Thank you for your help, but at this time I'm no closer to what I need to order from an

Internet parts company.

Terry

Expert:  hauto replied 4 years ago.

I totally understand your frustration, Your vehicle is too new for the after market

to have listed parts, or Saturn did not release that information to the after market yet.

The dealer should have that information But they'll ask you what it's the you need

They may help you with a copy of that diagram. I don't have access to their parts

catalog other wise I would've helped you with it. I found a list of the description of the system parts located on your car, but no diagram, see below. You can look it over and tell me which part you need and I'll provide saturn part numbers for you I hope that helps out. Thanks

.
Canister Purge Control Valve
Canister Purge Solenoid
Canister Vent Valve
Catalytic Converter
Evaporative Emission Control Canister
Evaporative Emissions Hose
Evaporative Emissions System
Evaporative Vapor Pressure Sensor
PCV Valve Hose
Positive Crankcase Ventilation
Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve
Expert:  hauto replied 4 years ago.
Hello there Terry I was wondering if the information Above was usefull to you, and if you need more help. I am standing By to help if I could, let me know thanks
hauto, Saturn Technician
Experience: worked on saturns for 7 years, in a saturn dealership. saturn factory trained and ceritfied.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear hauto,

Thank you for your assistance with my emission control problem. I guess the best thing for me to do is, as thet say, "BITE THE BULLET"!

I guess I have to put my fate into the hands of a mechanic and trust he will price the

job fairly.

Happy Holidays,

Terry