Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.

2002 Saturn L300: flush..transmission fluid..automatic transmission

I purchased a used 2002 Saturn L300 and had my mechanics flush the transmission fluid, but then they realized that we do not know how much fluid we put back in and how to know it is at the right level, because there is no transmission dip stick on this car. We believe the model of the automatic transmission is a 4T40E or an
E/4T45E. Could you help us to know the quantity to put back in and perhaps how we can know that it is at the right level? Thank you, XXXXX Minnesota
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Anthony replied 6 years ago.

Hello! Welcome to justanswer!

There is an overfill plug on the side of the trans. The fluid is supposed to be filled up to the level of this plug when hot.