Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Hook up a factory wire harness to an amp in 2001 saturn L series

Customer Question

Can you hook up a factory wire harness to an amp in 2001 saturn L series
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
You can buy a wire harness adapter from your local audio store or walmart then all of the wires are color coordinated to match up with your aftermarket cd player and it plugs right in. If you are hooking up a amplifier for subwoofers you need to run RCA cables from the cd player rca outputs to the amplifier inputs. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I know all of that I need to know if I can use the factory wire harness meaning just the speaker wires the green,white,purple and the gray and run wires from them instead of hooking it up to the radio,just running the wire from there to the amp to power my highs...
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
Yes you can do that without any problems I thought you were hooking up subwoofers. But you can run the speaker wires from the cd player to the amplifier then from the amplifier back to the speakers. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.