Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

How do I remove and install a 2005 Saturn ION car stereo/CD

How do I remove and install a 2005 Saturn ION car stereo/CD player?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

Here are instructions, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hello Dan, I just finished installing it and thanks for the perfect info. Now if I could get the CD player screen message "calibrate" to clear, I would be happy.

Thanks for your service and have a good day in business.

Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
I'm assuming you took this cd player from another saturn, if this is the case you will need to bring it to your local dealership so they can program it with a scantool it should cost about a half hour labor. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Dan, if it changes anything, I bought it online and it is a new unit. Everything works fine except I'm just not sure what the "calibrate" message means. I was hoping not to visit a dealer, but if it is necessary, I will have little choice.

Thank You for helping!

Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
Ya you will need to bring it to the dealership and they have to use a scantool to enter in the year, model, make, and vin number to match it to the vehicle. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.