AMMaxey
AMMaxey, Saturn Technician
Experience:  13 years Saturn Experience, ASE and State Certified, GM certified
20643506

Having trouble with 2004 Saturn ION door locks. Doors automatically

Customer Question

Having trouble with 2004 Saturn ION door locks. Doors automatically lock by themselves in the middle of the night. Horn gives 4 short beeps and the doors lock, unlock, lock, unlock then lock. I have to use the key to unlock the door causing the alarm to sound....not good.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  AMMaxey replied 7 years ago.
<p>You definately have an electrical concern. With what you are telling me it honestly sounds like a body computer issue. Saturns in general have issues with body computers. The door locks are controlled by the body computer as is the security system. I would look in that direction.</p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So, Andy, can you tell me where the "body computer" is located?
Expert:  AMMaxey replied 7 years ago.
It is located under the radio, you have to pull the two kick panels there out. There is a black retianer on each that you must twist to release. The body computer is actually also the instrument panel fuse block, there will be fuses and relays in it. One other thing to check as well that is much less expensive. The door ajar switches in the front could be at fault as well. If the car is set to either passive arm the alarm system or if you arm it a door switch that intermittantly reads open when it isn't can cause all of your symptoms too. The are located at the edge of the dash and they will usually be physically damaged when they are at fault.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks so much, Andy. I will let my husband know. Have a great day!
Expert:  AMMaxey replied 7 years ago.
<p>No problem.</p>