George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

1996 Saturn: 2 How do I set the clock on the oem stock console radio

Customer Question

1996 Saturn SC-2
How do I set the clock on the OEM stock console radio?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

If you have the single DIN radio you will:

Push and hold the power button then push the left side of the "tune/seek" button for the hour and the right side of the same button for the minutes.

If you have the Cassette or CD player built in let me know the procedure is slightly different

Let me know if you have further questions about this

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My radio has a casette player in it.

I tried your fix and it did not work.

Thanks

Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

As I said that was for the single DIN (just radio) as soon as I get home in about an hour I will post the instructions for your radio

Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

To set your time

Push and hold the power/volume/recall button, use the tune button to set the hour and minute. Left tune for hours and right tune for minutes

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm sorry but that is the very same instructions that did not work in your first try. I have tried all of the obvious variations and so far my clock is still shows the wrong time.

My radio is the stock OEM radio with the cassette player. Do you still stick with your last set of instructions?

Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

I took the instructions straight from the owners manual and they work for the three Saturns that I own so if that does not do it for you I will OPT OUT and allow other experts to offer an answer

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I know you must think I am trying to cheat you out of the money for the right answer.... NOT TRUE! I know this radio can be adjust the time displayed on the LCD. I have done it once but I am not able to repeat the setting process for some reason.

One more question... Should the Radio be ON or OFF to set the clock?

The reason I am asking is that as soon as I try what you say with the radio ON it tunes the radio but nothing for the clock. This is starting to irritate me same as you. Should I have to hold the ON/OFF button in for several seconds prior to trying to adjust the clock? Why is this time not adjusting??? I remember the last time I set the time it was just super easy, no problem...

Hang in there. There must be something that can change the radio TIME...

Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

I do not think you are trying to cheat me, if the procedure does not work for you I do not expect you to accept that answer, this is what this site is built on, you do not accept until you get a helpful answer.

I am sure you have tried it both ways by now but you are to start with the power off. It may be that your audio unit is broken but I doubt it.

Do you have the manual for your car?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have tried pressing the Volume/OFF/ON switch and pressed every button on the radio looking for an indication that the time adjustment was initalized or initalizing.. All this to no avail. I have tried all the above with the KEY switch ON and OFF, Radio ON and OFF. I guess this radio Volume/On/OFF switch does not have a "PRESS detent" or it is broken.

When all else fails, I guess I could watch my watch and disconnect the battery at exactly 12:00 Noon or remove the radio fuse at NOON and this way it will at least read the correct time until day light saving time kicks in. This has been a real pain trying to get this time set.

Yes I think I have a thick Saturn owner's manual somewhere. All I need to do is find it. This is why I went to you guys. I thought it would be quicker. I'll bet there is a combination of pressing 2 or 3 buttons at the same time that will set the time. Or maybe holding your breath for 2.5 Minutes... who knows.

Thanks for trying.

Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

Sorry I could not help