Steve, ASE L1 Master Technician
Experience:  25+ Years experience as a professional working automotive technician; ASE L1 master technician

The low coolant light on my 2001 Saturn SC2 is illuminated.

The low coolant light on my 2001 Saturn SC2 is illuminated. I had more coolant put in, it went off. It was back on the next day. I see no puddles from a leak in my garage. The light has been on and off intermittently. What can I do about this?
   If the coolant level is normal but the light is coming on, you probably have a faulty coolant level sensor.   This sensor is located in the bottom of the plastic coolant reservoir; I believe it is only available as part of the reservoir from your local Saturn dealer parts department.    This type of component is not generally sold in auto parts stores aftermarket.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Wow, that's great. Thank you very much.
Welcome; thanks for using JustAnswer!