Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Saturn Factory Trained Technician with 11 years of experience
14297198

1994 satern S C replacing clutch master cylinder

What did you need to know about replacing the clutch master cylinder?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have got the master cylinder installed but am unable to get any clutch - I tried bleeding the system using an allen wrench but am still unable to get any clutch - is there something else I need to do to get a clutch
Did you replace the master and slave cylinder as an assembly or as a seperate piece? As the bleed screw is supposed to be for factory use only.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no I did not replace the slave cylinder as a separate unit - I just replaced the clutch master cylinder on my Toyata Pickup and it fixed the problem - I thought I could do the same on my wife's Satern car.
ok, what exactly is the problem you're encountering? The clutch won't disengage? It won't engage? You have no pedal?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can not get any pedal
ok, If you have fluid down to the bleeder screw you should be able to at least get a pedal by pumping it repeatedly, As long as you don't have fluid leaking you're most likely going to be looking at a failure of the clutch itself, spring pressure of the pressure plate is what provides resistance against the slave cylinder. The next step I'd suggest is removing the slave cylinder from the transmission to inspect it and the arm that is pushes against.

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.