FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

My car died while driving and wont start again. There were

Customer Question

My car died while driving and won't start again. There were no warning lights, there is gas but I seem to be low on oil. After adding a quart it still won't start, what else could it be?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer what kind of vehicle is this and how many miles are on it?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Its a Saturn LS1 with about 133000 miles.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 years ago.
Okay. There are a few possibilities here. It sounds like a fuel pump that may have failed. Start by turning the key to the run position to see if you hear a buzzing from the fuel pump in the rear of the vehicle. If you cannot hear the pump then the pump may have failed. If the fuel pump comes on then there may be another issue. Is this something you plan on fixing yourself?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm not planning to fix it myself. I would just like to be more informed before figuring out where to tow it since it won't start and I have to get it moved from where it stalled. It has also been almost 100 degrees everyday this week. Could it possibly start again after cooling down? I'm wondering if I go and try to start it again if its possible it will start. Its about a mile from my house so I don't want to waste my time if its not likely to start.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 years ago.
If the engine was hot when it stalled then it may be that a sensor or the fuel pump overheated. Even the ignition module has a tendancy to get hot and cause the vehicle to stall and then it may restart when it cools.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, thanks very much for your help.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 years ago.
No problem. Let me know if you need more help along the way. WHen you find out what is wrong with the vehicle I can let you know if the price is accurate.