John, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE technician,Master GM technician,40 years experience
6408229

1996 saturn: wont start..alarm goes..keyless entry..disable

Customer Question

My 1996 Saturn SC2 won't start. The alarm goes off whenever I try to start the car. I used the keyless entry to disable the alarm and it alternates 2 beeps and 3 beeps. Am I able to remove the alarm or permanently bypass it altogether? Can I disable the alarm or does it have anything to do with the alarm at all? Could it be the car? We connected the battery to a jump-box with hopes it may have been a bad battery but it made no difference.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Hello Mustang2,

You may need to relearn the key to the alarm system (if this is factory).

Put the key in the ignition switch,turn to run,do not attempt to start,when security light in dash quits flashing -about 10 minutes,turn key off for 15 seconds.

Do this 2 more times.after that if there is no problem with the alarm system the vehicle should start.