FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

My 2007 Saturn Vue has a check engine light on, went to autozone

Customer Question

My 2007 Saturn Vue has a check engine light on, went to autozone and they pulled a P0498 code. What should I do?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer what size engine do you have in the vehicle? How does the vehicle run? Is it still under warranty?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It has 50,000+ miles on it, so I think it is still under warranty. It is a V-6 FWD. It runs fine, although I have noticed some slight hesitation a few times when I am at a red light and I start to accelerate. Also, when I start to fuel my tank, the gas pump shuts off and I have to pull the nozzle out a bit to make it stay on. That is about it!
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 years ago.
Okay. This code is for a problem with the evap canister vent valve. The problem mat be in the vent valve or in the wiring. It is usually a problem with the valve. I would take the vehicle to the dealer to have it covered under warranty.