This does NOT answer my question!
1. I am unable to open, or read ANY of the diagrams, or Schematics, that you have sent me. All I get is the message:
"You are not authorized to view the requested information."
2. This Saturn only has the HOT 12-VDC wire, going to the electrical connector on top of the clutch, to feed the coil, that engages the plates so the compressor will turn. What this means is that because the compressor is bolted to the Engine block, and the Engine has a LARGE Ground strap, that connects to the battery's NEGative post. There is NO WAY there could be a bad ground. I am an electrical engineer.
3. I used a "VOM" DC-voltage Meter to read the 12-VDC, because I did not have a test light. There is no wear of the wires or bad connections, so I do not question having enough 12-V power, to engage the clutch.
4. My question was, & still is: DO YOU KNOW IF ONLY THE 12-vdc ELECTRO MAGNETIC COIL, CAN BE REPLACED, or must the entire clutch assembly be replaced? I have the PULLER-Tool(s) due to my associate having an A/C business. He just is unfamiliar with Saturns.
5. I do not believe that the Compressor is bad. Therefore I do not plan to spend the money to replace it. The LESS $ I must spend, the better.
Do you know of a Web-Site where I can buy Saturn Parts at wholesale, or at a discount?
I will need either a Coil-Assembly, or entire clutch & Electromagnet Assembly if that is the only way it comes.
I will pay some more money to "just-answer".com, if you can definitely clarify this, and answer my specific question(s)
Thanks for your responses! They are greatly appreciated, and I am NOT annoyed that we have not gotten to a solution to my problem yet.
We could see NO pressure switches anywhere along either the "Liquid-Line" NOR the "Suction-Return" Line(hoses) that would be considered in the engine compartment (under the hood) that is.
Please reply, even if it needs to be Monday.