Daryl
Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic
8994801
Saturn

I cant turn my car off. the key wont turn. what is the problem?

i can't turn my car... Show More
i can't turn my car off. the key won't turn. what is the problem?
WIll the key turn at all? You can not turn the engine off? What is the model and year of your Saturn?
Customer reply replied 7 years ago.

it is a 2005 ion. the key will turn to the right but not to the left. research has indicated this is a common problem with the saturn. i saturated it with 40wd. it did not help. i have a tow truck coming to disable the battery and have it towed to my mechanic but would like to avoid this.

cherlyn

Will the engine start ? Or doesn't the key turn far enough?
Customer reply replied 7 years ago.
the engine is on. i can't turn the car off. it is still running. the key does not turn far enough.
This will not be something you will be able to repair without some knowledge of auto repair, several things will need to be taken apart to fix this problem. The problem is most likely the ignition switch is keeping the key from moving. If the vehicle is running I would just drive it to the shop and leave it until they can repair it. To shut it off you could pull the injection fuse or the computer fuse and then disconnect the battery so it does not go dead.
Customer reply replied 7 years ago.

you already answered my question sunday.

Customer/p>
Yes I know did you get a e-mail or something ? I did not try to contact you!
Customer reply replied 7 years ago.

I do not know who answered the question but look at the reply I received Sunday.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 7 years ago.

Whoever answered the question I paid the.

Customer/p>
I did answer your question on Sunday, I was just wondering why you just replied today saying "you already answered my question sunday". By the way thanks for the accept
Customer reply replied 7 years ago.

okay

Customer/p>
Thank you