Amedee, Saturn Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

2000 saturn: stall..injector pulse..PCM..spark and fuel injector

Customer Question

Today we have a 2000 saturn SL1 with a start and stall condition,Feels like a security shut down problem .At first we had no spark and no injector pulse ,so we replaced the PCM Ok now we get spark and fuel injector ,But it will not run more than 3 seconds ,How can I open up communication between PCM and the BCMor passlock
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The used computer i got from an auto wrecker who took the PCM from another 2000 saturn .The unit # XXXXX different so I need to get the PCM flashed to this vehicles VIN .The engine does now have the spark working and the injectors are pulsing ok.The security light is always flashing indicating we have a communicastion problem .Ive tried all day to get the passlock BCM and PCM to connect by having the key turned in the on position for 30 min then key off then key on 3x for the relearn procedure .I have followed your techs'' Ivan'' relearn procedure exactly on the sheet .The car continues to start and stalls after 2 -3 seconds .Im not paying anymore $ for this I hope as we are still working on the same problem.ThanksCustomer
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 years ago.

Ok... if in fact the computer needs to be flashed, this is the absolute first thing that needs to be done! Hands down! Nothing else will work correctly and you will be chasing your tail trying to figure this problem out.

Get the computer flashed with the correct vin number and go from there.

Let me know!