Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2001 saturn: easy way to disable the security anti theft sensor..sl1

Customer Question

is there a fuse or easy way to disable the security anti theft sensor on a 2001 saturn sl1
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

There is no easy way to bypass the security. Possible problems are the key, theft module, body control module, or passlock sensor. You can try the relearn procedure Relearn Procedure: Attempt to start the vehcile, allowing the vehicle to start and stall. After vehicle stalls, allow the ignition key to remain in the "on" position for 10 minutes. Attempt to start the vehicle once again, allowing vehicle to start and stall. Leave key in the "on" position for another 10 minutes. Perform this test for the third time. After the third attempt, the vehicle should start and run. If that doesnt work, 2nd step would to get a new key made. and here are troubleshooting steps for the passlock sensor. Let me know if you have anymore related questions. Thanks.

1. Three wires at the Passlock sensor to test.

2. Test voltage from the Black wire to the White wire, back probing with sensor connected.

3. Should have 9.0v or higher at: IGN 0, IGN 1 and CRANK.

4. Test voltage on the Yellow signal wire.

5. Should have 4.7-5.0v at: IGN 0, and then a drop to a specific value should occur as the key is rotated to IGN 1 and/or CRANK.

6. Clear Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and BCM codes.

7. Attempt a Passlock 30 minute learn, check for start.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

sorry - tried that already

Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
You did the troubleshooting tests to diagnose the passlock sensor?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'm sorry, but 2 things... first, I didn't select $27 as my question payout amount, I'm really not sure where that figure came from, I would never pay thet much for a possible solution, and second...the reset didn't solve my problem, and I don't have the voltage testers etc.. to complete part 2 of the solution. I agree that the tech took the time to answer, but it wasnt worth the $$$ requested. If i get a fix to the problem, I would be more than happy to pay the same amount as I did the first time I asked...$17 and only if my problem is solved. and incidentally the first time that I used your service...the problem WAS solved, and I was very happy...maybe a second solution can be offered, and a reduced rate..
Thanks!!

Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
I'll opt out and see if another expert has a better answer. Thanks.